Monday, March 14, 2016
What I learned 3/13/16
1. Sunday night is a bad night to do these. I often forget. (Ps...this was written Monday. I'll cough this day up in next weeks blog to not learning anything.)
2. I don't understand people who don't like being outside.
3. Peach BlueMoon beer is ridiculously good.
4. I might need an AA sponsor.
5. My children are trying to hook my sister in law and I up with rich brothers. I'm game!...know anyone??
6. When people have more than two kids do they ever get a chance in their home to have zero emotion, moody kids.
7. People apparently hate when I'm tired. I'm much more sarcastic.
8. Who thought of this time change bullshit anyway. Good grief momma needs her sleep.
9. I really need a job if for no other reason than socialization with other adults and take lunches.
10. I'm done with school for the kids this year. It can be summer break. I hate mornings.
That's all this week. It was pretty boring. Until next week....
Sunday, March 6, 2016
3/6/16. What I learned.
1. My children have no sympathy when I have a headache.
2. Correction to number 1: my children have no sympathy when I have a headache that isn't related to drinking.
3. Next time I have a headache I should just start drinking.
4. Number 3 is an excellent lesson.
5. Have I told you yet how much my friends and family rock? Two surprise parties--two?
6. Never be the one of leave in the middle of a comedians set. Poor Michelle!
7. Just the mention of a 70 degree day in the week has me all smiley.
8. My plan is to go back to work in August when the kids go back to school. Can I die of boredom before then?
9. Is boredom a diagnosis-able condition?
10. Are the bad choices I make as a result of number 9 diagnosis-able?!
11. Am I just fucking crazy?
12. All signs point to yes for number 11.
That's all for this week folks. Tune in next Sunday for this train wreck/shit show!! Until then....love ya! 😘
Sunday, February 28, 2016
What I learned. 2/28/16
1. It's rare that I can truly be completely surprised. This weekend for my birthday I was.
2. It's confirmed once again that I have the best friends and family.
3. If I am off work much longer I will have every room in my house repainted and redone.
4. At 40 I really need to decide what I'm going to do when I grow up.
5. These spring weather teasers are killing me. It just need to come full force and have no more snow. I def have spring fever.
6. My kid bought me a card that said Happy 70th Birthday. He's no longer my favorite!
7. I forgot how much I need to go to the chiropractor on a regular basis.
That's it for this week. What did you learn? Share with me!!
Sunday, February 14, 2016
1. The anticipation of my first single Valentines Day sucks more than actual day.
2. My friends are the greatest at keeping me happy and smiling.
3. Happy and smiling is the only way to heal I'm certain. Like magic medicine.
4. Cold weather I can take, snow I can take. Combine them both-I'm miserable.
5. Laying on the floor on a Friday, drinking wine in the afternoon alone might be the greatest sahm deal ever!
6. Ash Wednesday to non-Catholics takes an immense amount of pressure to remember not to tell someone they have dirt on their face.
That's all for this week. Stay warm!
Obligatory I got gifts on Valentine's Day pictures.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
What I learned 2/7/16
1. Girl child's embarrassed by my music choices at morning drop off at school. She has no idea I jam out to Eminem at pick up while waiting in line.
2. I am a horrible speller and so is Aiden. Neither of us realized how often we would ask Rich how to spell things. Thankfully Amelia inherited the super smart speller gene and spells things for us. Yes she is in 4th grade and spells better than me!!
3. i think Botox is an excellent 40th birthday gift to yourself! #cheaperthanaboobjob
4. I don't think I'll ever be able to go into a hospital again without feeling complete anxiety.
5. The kids can trash a house within 30 minutes of being home or awake. Like mud tracked in, laundry thrown, book bag and shoes everywhere, crumbs/cups...mess.
6. I will laugh at myself over anything.
It's a small learning week. I mean look those are some mighty fine lessons I've realized this week! What have you learned?
Sunday, January 31, 2016
What I learned. 1/31/16
1. I always liked make up. As in it's fun to play around with but when 40 is knocking on the door I am overdosing on skin creams, wrinkle protections, serums, skin tightened, etc. I think I'm becoming obsessed!
2. For my birthday I'm starting a gofundme for Botox! Kidding....I think!!
3. Momma needs a vacation out of the Dale stat.
4. I had a night completely to myself, child free. What did I do? Fell asleep on the couch by 10:30. How on earth do people live alone?
5. I get so mad at myself when I can't fix something alone. To the point I just cry.
6. We are on day 756 of my thumb being gapped open. It's pissing me off. And don't tell people you super glue it closed---it creates some controversy.
7. PA---where it snows 20+ inches one weekend, then the next it's 64 degrees.
That's all this week. Hopefully next weekend brings 80 degrees and sunshine. One can wish. Have a good one.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
What I learned. 1/24/16
1. Single life: Once you sleep alone, no one tells you at 3am to stop reading, shut off the light, and go to bed.
2. I need to get into the habit of doing these again. I completely forgot last week.
3. Super gluing hand cuts works miracles. It's so nice to not be all wrapped up in sticky tape. Thanks to friends for suggestion.
4. I like the idea of snow storms more than actual snow storms. I've never felt so very trapped before. Thanks Geoff for plowing me out.
5. I'm turning 40 next month and went into crazy lady skin care. I could de-wrinkle Scottdale with all the creams I have.
6. I realized single parenthood means you're the bad guy all the time. I have no one to balance the good guy/bad guy role with.
7. When you get frustrated in Target with your whiney kids and you yell at them to 'shut the F' up', they tattle on you to your parents. I'm going to be 40 yet I fear my own parents might ground me!!
8. If anyone finds themselves impregnated next month after the snowstorm my porch is still available.
9. Having chicks in the winter turns to full blown, smelly chickens in my house that can't be acclimated to zero degree outdoor weather.
10. I forgot how much I miss the mail when the mail doesn't come. I've never known the mail to not deliver. Isn't that part of their motto?
---till next week. Hope you thaw and melt!
Monday, January 11, 2016
I'm I'm I'm I'm Just facts, no emotions....if the blog abruptly stops it's because I can't control my emotions.
Here's goes nothing.
December 2014---last blog posts. Over a year has went by and nothing. It's like I disappeared. Well, kind of. I lost myself.
But, more importantly and more heartbreaking, I lost my husband. Not as in he found another hottie and moved on. Lost, as in gone. As in passed away. As in died......
I'll pause here to compose myself.
Here's the facts. Rich's back started to hurt in April 2015. Thought it was normal, getting older back hurt.
May 2015. Rich goes to Dr. Gets steroid and ibuprofen. Next few days Rich's walking was being affected. Rich goes to local ER to be then ambulances to big, city hospital for tests. An MRI and CAT Scan later Rich diagnosed with cancer which advanced to his spinal column and he had a tumor which injuries his spinal cord. Rich can not longer walk. Rich needs to fight cancer.
6 months minus 1 day, Rich was flooded with chemo and had radiation. Neither would allow him to walk again. Both would contribute to his death.
Just the facts...cancer sucks. It stole my husband. It stole my kid's father. It stole my life, my dreams. Fuck you, cancer.
My dear, sweet Rich, I'll love you forever. Make our Heaven home beautiful. I'm coming home one day.
Ok, now I'll let my emotions overwhelm me.