Tuesday, September 30, 2014
1. The things to do list just keeps getting longer and time and money gets shorter.
2. People are getting stupider....er, more stupid!
3. An hour smelling candles in a store calms me greatly.
4. Is there a limit on how many times one can bath a day?!
5. I need Olive Garden pronto.
6. The only way the hub and I will get a date is if takes a day off work and we go to lunch.
That's it this week. Have a great one!
Sunday, September 21, 2014
1. Sometimes I'm really good about writing down my reflections of things I've learned all week..other week...ah, this one...I get to Sunday and think 'where the hell did the week go?' And 'I don't think I can remember an hour ago, let alone a week of learnin'!
2. I'm totally marketing and patenting 'pocket Pom-pom's' because...well, just because.
3. Good grief this girl child and I can fight in the mornin--especially on picture day because.." Wear the damn dress I want you to!" Then it makes me feel all bad and I find an excuse to take something into school to her so I can write a lil' "sorry, I suck as a mom letter."
4. I'm def overusing "..."s this week...quotes and '...'---what are these called. 'whatev's'!
5. Apparently when the boy child sees deer in a line he thinks conga-line? 😳
6. Thank you Mr. Mt. Pleasant police man for pulling me over.."no sir I have no clue why you pulled me over?"---why do they ask that---do they expect me to say "why officer, I'm a 38 yr old mother in a swagger wagon (ie mini-va...va...va..... Nope I just can't say it) with two kids in the backseat fighting...do you want them or the useless hub who refused to drive...or the bottle of wine I'm toting to drink once I get home?" "Oh, my front driver side lights burned out...ok...I'll put that on my things to do list.....after I drink my wine!"
7. Hey have I told you lately how much I love Dollar Tree??!!
That's it this week--have a good one!!
Walk with me through a picture montage of my Fall decorations at my house.
DT on each side of pumpkin.
That's basically it. I have a few little things placed around in kitchen and bathroom but nothing too fancy.
I love fall. It's my favorite time of year.
Stop in my house for some tea and cookies and chat with me...see the stuff in person!
Saturday, September 20, 2014
I was on vacation at the beach and got bored! I know, crazy but I don't relax easily. So I went to the local Outer Banks Dollar Tree. They had these awesome Halloween paper straws. I bought 6 packs. I cut the stripped ones in half. I got two craft glues and one styrofoam wreath. It wouldn't have been my first choice for wreath backing but I used what the DT had.
Because the straws needed something to hold them down I used plastic water bottles. I was on vacation---supplies were limited!!
I let it dry overnight.
The next day I added more straws to overlap.
Then I realized the foam back was way too thick so I grabbed a knife and chopped that sucker down!
Then I photoed it on wall...
It just seemed like it was missing something. The green styrofoam was showing in middle.
So I pondered!!
Then the middle looked empty so I added a little pumpkin and called it done!!
Total cost: $10.00