Sunday, January 31, 2016
What I learned. 1/31/16
1. I always liked make up. As in it's fun to play around with but when 40 is knocking on the door I am overdosing on skin creams, wrinkle protections, serums, skin tightened, etc. I think I'm becoming obsessed!
2. For my birthday I'm starting a gofundme for Botox! Kidding....I think!!
3. Momma needs a vacation out of the Dale stat.
4. I had a night completely to myself, child free. What did I do? Fell asleep on the couch by 10:30. How on earth do people live alone?
5. I get so mad at myself when I can't fix something alone. To the point I just cry.
6. We are on day 756 of my thumb being gapped open. It's pissing me off. And don't tell people you super glue it closed---it creates some controversy.
7. PA---where it snows 20+ inches one weekend, then the next it's 64 degrees.
That's all this week. Hopefully next weekend brings 80 degrees and sunshine. One can wish. Have a good one.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
What I learned. 1/24/16
1. Single life: Once you sleep alone, no one tells you at 3am to stop reading, shut off the light, and go to bed.
2. I need to get into the habit of doing these again. I completely forgot last week.
3. Super gluing hand cuts works miracles. It's so nice to not be all wrapped up in sticky tape. Thanks to friends for suggestion.
4. I like the idea of snow storms more than actual snow storms. I've never felt so very trapped before. Thanks Geoff for plowing me out.
5. I'm turning 40 next month and went into crazy lady skin care. I could de-wrinkle Scottdale with all the creams I have.
6. I realized single parenthood means you're the bad guy all the time. I have no one to balance the good guy/bad guy role with.
7. When you get frustrated in Target with your whiney kids and you yell at them to 'shut the F' up', they tattle on you to your parents. I'm going to be 40 yet I fear my own parents might ground me!!
8. If anyone finds themselves impregnated next month after the snowstorm my porch is still available.
9. Having chicks in the winter turns to full blown, smelly chickens in my house that can't be acclimated to zero degree outdoor weather.
10. I forgot how much I miss the mail when the mail doesn't come. I've never known the mail to not deliver. Isn't that part of their motto?
---till next week. Hope you thaw and melt!
Monday, January 11, 2016
I'm I'm I'm I'm Just facts, no emotions....if the blog abruptly stops it's because I can't control my emotions.
Here's goes nothing.
December 2014---last blog posts. Over a year has went by and nothing. It's like I disappeared. Well, kind of. I lost myself.
But, more importantly and more heartbreaking, I lost my husband. Not as in he found another hottie and moved on. Lost, as in gone. As in passed away. As in died......
I'll pause here to compose myself.
Here's the facts. Rich's back started to hurt in April 2015. Thought it was normal, getting older back hurt.
May 2015. Rich goes to Dr. Gets steroid and ibuprofen. Next few days Rich's walking was being affected. Rich goes to local ER to be then ambulances to big, city hospital for tests. An MRI and CAT Scan later Rich diagnosed with cancer which advanced to his spinal column and he had a tumor which injuries his spinal cord. Rich can not longer walk. Rich needs to fight cancer.
6 months minus 1 day, Rich was flooded with chemo and had radiation. Neither would allow him to walk again. Both would contribute to his death.
Just the facts...cancer sucks. It stole my husband. It stole my kid's father. It stole my life, my dreams. Fuck you, cancer.
My dear, sweet Rich, I'll love you forever. Make our Heaven home beautiful. I'm coming home one day.
Ok, now I'll let my emotions overwhelm me.
Sunday, January 10, 2016
What I learned 1/10/16
1. I need and anticipate snow delays as much or more than my kids.
2. No matter how many times I make my kids come from various places in the house to shut a cabinet or dresser door or shut off a light, they never learn to just do this.
3. When you order a new dishwasher it will come in a day after you get stitches in your hand from hand washing glasses.
4. The job of a welfare mom has many hazards and no workmans comp.
5. I'm officially reached the age of having children that are embarrassed of me. Game on.
6. The house has gotten De-Christmased but the dog still is sporting a Christmas scarf. Someone Un-Christmas the dog please.
7. I have the strangest sleep patterns. Why can't I just sleep normal?!
8. Single parenting is super hard.
9. Steelers games raise my blood pressure.
10. I've not reflected on what I've learned in far too long! Welcome back!