Monday, September 2, 2013

Coffee table upcycle

Coffee table. 
Solid wood and slate. 
Painted in black chalk paint and glazed and sealed. 
28x48", 17 1/2 in tall 
Located in Scottdale, but willing to meet. 
$45
BEFORE: (I'm not sure what one does to a coffe table to get it in this bad of shape!) 
I think a small child used it to teeth. 

Sanded. 

DONE!! 


As a side note: this table stumped me. I pondered going shabby chic/feminine on it by painting it white and distressing then covering the slate with mod podge (love this stuff) and sealing shabby chic flowered scrap book papers to slate. I think it would have been awesome! However, I opted for this look, thinking its more versatile for general population and because the slate was in such great shape! I'm on the look out for another table like this to do my alternative shabby look to, if you have one to sale, contact me ASAP. 724-989-0689. I'm dying to try it and do a side by side and see which one sales faster! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! do you still have? Your cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete