Monday, June 3, 2013

Bench

Here is the inspiration picture. I like birds. I love the solid black contrast against neutral colors. I needed to put this bird on something!! 

This bench was an old piano bench I believe? Not sure, but it was solid and stained cherry. I'm not a fan of cherry flavored anything nor, cherry colored stain. 

Lid opens for storage!
Distressed and bird on branch added. It was missing something so I took a neighborhood poll on what word to paint on it. Now mind you the actual age of those in the poll was 7, 10, 11, 12, and  13. (it's summer the kids were all out and well, you poll who you can!) be thankful it says "hope" and not "peace" or "let's go swimming!" 
It was then waxed to protect and add some shine. 
And now it's available for sale. $50.00

*mommy in the 'dale is back to painting!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment