Thursday, December 4, 2014

MIA Mommy in the 'Dale

I just thought I better update and let everyone know I am still alive and well.....that's an overstatement.....I'm not sure I'm ever well....I got the crazy tiche' gene!
But I have been busy....you know I'm a Mom and a social worker and that takes up all my time.
I had to escape to Starbucks tonight to get a post written...crazy.
My ADD kicks in at home and I get sidetracked with laundry and cleaning up. I might go two weeks before I mop or hand scrub my floors, but suddently when I sit to post a blog, it's amazing how distracted I get! ADD brain,,,it's a thing! And you know I self diagnosis myself often!
I also have been pomdering the booth I have at Saturday's Treasures in Mt. Pleasant. Although I love refinishing furniture and painting, the booth has became a second job to keep it filled. It's hard, yo!
And I pay $175 a month for the booth and the most I have made over the fee is around $100.  It just doesn't seem worth it. The deciding factor was my desire to stop painting because I have to, not because I want to. I much prefer to paint at leasure and pleasure. Sanding , refinishing and painting quality pieces is a pleasure and mental escape for me. Doing it because I have to takes the pleasure and fun out of it. That was thedeciding  factor. 
Fear not the Mommy in the Dale furniture will continue but on a personal basis and will be posted on this blog and usually for sale on Facebook sale/trade/wants.  The pieces will get more love and time.
Whew.....I feel like a weight has been lifted.
I still dream of opening a store at some point, where speciality paints will be for sale and classes to teach techniques is still a dream of mine, however that's when I can give up the social work gig....but it pays the bills right now!
Speaking of my child welfare social work days, cases are limited at this point and the down time is ok. It's like ebb and flow...the rush will come again. December is a notorious terrible billing/work month. People cancel constantly. I do have one visit with a little guy I just adore.
I'm still on the wait for a 'porch baby' to show up, because Rich refuses to in-pregnant me.  Plus I'm getting too old to reproduce. So a porch baby seems perfect.  Know anyone just willing to give one up, I'll take it!!! Like a hospital/fire department drop off center! I'll keep checking!
Christmas will be here before we know it...crazy....where did 2014 go? My kiddos keep growing and I need to pause time! How can I be a wife and parent......I feel like I'm still playing house!
I'm so thankful for a great group of girlfriends to keep me semi-sane. They know who they are.... I just love them.  It's great to know you can call someone up when you need to chat.
I haven't had any "What I learned" posts lately, simply before sometimes I just survive and get  by day by day and forget to focus on learning little lessons.
I am still active on my facebook if you don't follow my on there...search Carla Keefer-Rhodes. I share crazy things my kids say and do.....isn't that the perk of parenting! Embarrassment is necessary at times for all the crap (Literally when babies) I had to deal with!
I am also active on instagram.....search Mommyinthedale. See lots of pictures, mainly of my best friend...my dog! 
I am also a total addict to the Dollar Tree and post pictures and hauls on youtube. Search Mommy in the 'Dale. My picture is me in a hat with sunglasses on the beach----looking incognito like I'm famous! Follow me!! The number of followers make me feel good! I'm well on my way to being famous..watch out Ellen! (I should probably start a diet if I'm going to be on tv!!)
On youtube you get voice funnys!
Well that's all peeps. Sorry for my lack of posts----I'll get better. Soon I will do a picture entourage of  my house for Christmas.  I'll work on getting back to learning and sharing things again....my poor brain needs to focus!
Later peeps, love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment