Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mommy in the Dale is still alive and well.................

Date of last post....June 9, 2013...............wha????
 
 
It can't be....where has time went......
 
 
June 9....I was all...."The kids are out of school, they are mine now teachers you can't have them.....I love them....the summer is going to be soooooooo   fun".................
 
 
fast forward almost 2 months............see today's date....August 3.....run to turn calendar month to August (realizing you skipped July's turn all together and that calendar pic was so cute...oops)
 
WHEN THE HELL DOES SCHOOL START??........these kids are driving me cra-cra (That's 'crazy' in 7 yr old daughter talk....get with the times!)
 
So 2 months of free time and what was accomplished?
*Swimming...until summer decided to quit 2 weeks ago and she decided she can't be bothered to warm the 'Dale to even 80 degrees
 
 
(Global warming..my ass)
 
*My kids have either been at my brother and sissy-in-laws or their kiddos at our house.....great for good ol' cousin bonding...bad for cousin bonding..gone sibling like--fight like siblings...type! (Good for wallet too!)
 
* Camping!!
 
This always seems like a good, cheap get away..until you realize you have to pack up all necessaries, cook in the woods, and sleep on an air mattress that is sure to deflate by morning....oh, and walk to restroom middle of the night when you have to pee...praying you don't see a skunk or get murdered.
 
*Sleeping-in....oh, wait this doesn't happen....kids just stay up much to late...cramping into my 'wine time' making it 'whine time' and then still getting up the ass-crack of dawn but being sleep deprived and cranky all day.  I'm going to need to up my 'prescripts' next summer...I should start now to prep.
 
*Cleaning the house....that's the joy I also receive...go to bed at midnight with clean house/no dishes...wake up to it being trashed and a sink full...nice!
 
So for the next month I will be stocking up on alcohol and practicing my 'happy dance' cuz....August 26...party my house....8:35am until 3:30pm!!!!
 
Now....don't worry if you don't hear from me until August 25th...cuz I'll be busy in the search for new bookbags for 2 children.............so many choices.............


No comments:

Post a Comment