Monday, July 23, 2012

Union Jack Library Table

Here is a before and after shot of the Union jack table I completed.  It was done in white chalk paint, which I made, and the red and blue are Annie Sloan chalk paints. The most difficult part was measuring and taping it off. Since I suck at measuring, it is not perfect, but that adds character! Besides my finger wideth is an accurate measurements, right??
The desk is solid wood, but there is some wood seperation issues on top. I was too lazy to wood fill them so I let them alone. Sadly this would have been the perfect surface to do a union jack with various shades of stain had the surface level been perfect. 
I sand and distress because I like the worn, shabby finish. 
The piece was clear waxed with Minwax. I like this wax for the smooth finish and low sheen, however it does yellow the paint a little.  I don't mind this because I like the look and the wax is easy to work with. If you plan to wax a lot of furniture invest in a good wax brush which is rounded. It will save you from rubbing on with cloth and is well worth the money.
This is the white painted. Unfortunantly, I liked it this way but it didn't sell.....so onto next level!

Love Annie Sloan....just received her Emperor's Silk and love the brightness to this red. This is much more vivid than the primer red, which is an aged, barn door look.

Union jack Library table/desk.
Solid wood, one drawer in front.
26 in tall, 27 x 40 in. Top

Painted in white chalk paint then clear waxed. Slightly distressed for aged, shabby chic look. This is perfect in an entry way as a library table, or for use as a desk. It is located in Scottdale, but willing to meet.
Available for $100.00

No comments:

Post a Comment